Saturday, December 12, 2009

It goes too quickly

Elijah had his first school Christmas program yesterday. His class was all in angel costumes, and he stood tall and brave and sang all the words to all the songs. He kept looking at me, and when I'd smile and give him a thumbs-up, he'd smile his proud-but-embarrassed smile. I was so choked up I could hardly see.

Haven said the letter "k" sound right for the first time ever this week. I tried not to call attention to it, and instead calmly asked her to repeat the word. She said it correctly again. It stung. I love the way she can't say so many of her letters. I've heard her pronounce that sound correctly a few times since then.

Dane has discovered his feet, is belly laughing at his siblings regularly, can reach for and grab a toy, and can almost sit up alone.

They are all growing up too quickly. I feel so aware of how rare and precious their baby years are. I'm enjoying their childhoods so much. I'm so glad I'm their mama. I feel crazy blessed.

Before them, I had no idea you could love something like that.

1 comment:

jamesrivergirl said...

My eyes teared up while reading this post. Babies growing up is a terrible, wonderful thing.
love,
Carrie (tarrie)