Here's what's dancing through my head this morning...
-
How is it possible that when I ask Haven to be quieter, she can whisper louder than she was talking when I asked her to be quiet? I ate my lunch in four sittings today, due to motherly duties. I'm excited to go to Oregon in December. I grew up listening to George Winston's "December". I super love that CD. I wish I was a better pianist. I hope to take lessons again someday soon.
*
I think the kitten is good for the kids. Secretly I wish the kitten was a puppy. But not really. I am frustrated by the remaining baby weight that I can't seem to shed. Only half my regular pants and skirts fit. Argh. The delicious Oreo cake I made last night is probably not helping. Ahhh, but it helps in other ways. Hooray for the comfort and enjoyability of food and friends.
#
I think willow trees are gorgeous. They foster my daydreaming. Sometimes when I go jogging I run in the back alleyways because it reminds me of Romania. I'd like to Jackson Pollock-ize my bedroom wall. Fantastic. The laundry needs to be done. Didn't I just do it? The kitchen floor needs to be mopped. Is there really a point to doing that until my children are several years older? We don't use the words "ghetto-fabulous" and "craptastic" near enough.
^
They make me smile. Just like Cleatus.
~
~
I feel happy. Deep-down happy.
What's going through your mind right now?
What's going through your mind right now?
8 comments:
I love these fall days with lots of sun and gentle breezes. I wish I could stay outside all day reading. In a hamock. And I can't wait for the day when we have a backyard. It's times like these I love living in east Texas. But I really miss the NW.
I love your posts.
I love the fall too. Today was the first long sleeve day of the season and I enjoyed it thoroughly. My life is crazy right now so it's nice to remember all of the wonderful little things :)
Can you PLEASE just have one more baby, a GIRL exactly like Haven and then let me adopt her and pretend that I made something that perfectly precious and feminine. (I know, it's gut-wrenching to even think about it and it's not gonna happen. But oh my, she's cute. And yes, I like my own babies very, very much.)
Hey Lindsay, Remember me, Chelsey Powers? Well, I love reading your blog, always so positive and uplifting and real too. You're a great writer and it seems like a great mom too. Too bad you don't live closer and we could be running buddies!
She is just SO cute! It was great seeing you guys, glad the kitten is working out!
Cleatus makes me smile too.
i played george winston's version of "pachabel's canon in D" today. it's a favorite that i learned as a teenager. i wish i had the music for "december"; i loved that CD too.
haven's hair is adorable. glad you're running. i'm running the half-marathon next week and i've been struggling with desire this week. overall, running is a great outlet for me.
you should have seen my laundry pile after not doing it the three days of labor day weekend since my sister and her family were visiting. it was not for the faint of heart; i assure you. i never cease to be amazed at how fast laundry piles amass when there are kids involved.
love your blog and seeing your beautiful family grow.
Your kids are so adorable!! Wish we could have seen ALL of you while you were here :) Hope you guys have a great Conference weekend!
Post a Comment