Tuesday, March 3, 2009

...to a daydream believer

I am a vivid dreamer (day and night). I always have been. Sometimes it's great (daytime: creativity, nighttime: flying adventures), and sometimes it's...a little scary (daytime: not paying attention to the task at hand, nighttime: having to regularly ask David if a "memory" I have really happened or not...it usually did not).



Anyhow, lately, these are some of the dreams I've had:

1. I was one of the top three "American Idol" finalists, and desperately trying to convince Paula Abdul that I shouldn't be there because I can't sing. "I have great 6-note range," I said. "It's a 6-note range." Her only response was, "Well, girl, you can sing!" I looked around as if to say, "What are these people smoking??"

2. I was part of an ocean-exploration team. We lived in an underwater station and accidentally blew up a whale in an effort to "get" the bad guys. I woke myself up laughing at how hilariously off the mark we were with the whole effort...niiiiiice job saving the environment, us!

3. A high school friend of mine was concerned for my ever-growing "gut". I informed him that I was pregnant with my third, and that's just the way it was. He seemed doubtful. I said that my body had done it twice before and I was pretty sure it knew what it was doing. We then left the dispute to jump on the trampoline.

4. RECURRING DREAM: I am in school and have math class next. It suddenly occurs to me that not only have I not finished my homework for that day, I have also neglected to attend class once during the semester. I am worried and perturbed that I will flunk and have to retake it. I also realize that I have fulfilled my math requirements, so why am I taking this class anyway?

5. RECURRING DREAM: My high school track coach tells me I am running the 400m in the meet that afternoon. I try to explain that I haven't run one of those in almost a decade, and also I am pregnant. It doesn't make a difference. I nervously pack my bag and wonder if it's possible in my current state to run it in under 70 seconds. I can't find my spikes. I think it's very weird and a little frustrating that I have to run this race later.

Too funny!

Do you dream?

Do you have recurring dreams?

What are they?

6 comments:

LeMira said...

One of my dreams is that I'm back in high school, but I can't remember what classes I'm registered for or where my locker is. I have an anxiety attack because no one will or can help me find out where I'm supposed to go.

Tice said...

Strange, indeed. I have a recurring dream that's frighteningly similar to your number 4. I'm taking a class and have to prep for an exam. I show up and realize I haven't been to this class all semester. I wonder what it all means...

Dave & Chels said...

Haha...your dreams are hilarious - especially the American Idol one. I once had a dream where a bounty hunter came and took (my) Dave away. How weird, huh. Do you notice that your dreams are in a little more detail when you are pregnant, or is that just me?

Melody C. Bondurant said...

he-he. Can I be like you when I grow up? : )

I can't remember the last dream I've had...maybe lack of sleep??? I do day-dream though. Those are usually more "grand", like writing a best-seller, or being able to spike a volleyball (I'm practicing). he-he

The Special Reds said...

Just so you know, I never commented on this because I really dont' have recurring dreams, and often don't remember my dreams. But I do know that last night I dreamt that I helped someone stopped on the side of the road--this person's car broke down and her child was hungry, so I gave her a bag of animal crackers. Kinda weird!

Cristina said...

You took my idea! I was going to post on our blog the crazy dream I had too. I guess great minds think alike.