I write this post for no one other than myself, because writing about myself is hard for me to do. So, I'm stretching myself, following Amanda's example, and writing 100 things about me. Here goes:
1. I love the smell of pine trees.
2. I do not enjoy cooking. I cook because if people don't eat, they die.
3. I speak American Sign Language fairly well.
4. I want to take more piano lessons.
5. The two countries I want to go to most are Ireland and Switzerland.
6. I crave good books.
7. I can be very judgemental.
8. I'm good at not giving up.
9. I love to run. I run more for emotional health than for physical health.
10. I worry that I'm not a good enough mother.
11. I love to tackle projects--big and little.
12. I went sky diving once with David, and, to my surprise, loved it.
13. I feel dashing, original, and inspired every time I wear red shoes.
14. I am just now learning to embrace the artistic side of me and let it run free. David taught me that.
15. My favorite color is blue.
16. I relish in rainy days with gray skies....mmmmmm.
17. I don't like to wear a coat or umbrella in the rain.
18. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with envy that David is in school.
19. I laugh uncontrollably during prayers fairly regularly.
20. I am good at laughing at myself.
21. I love the flavor of hazelnut and chocolate together.
22. I want to adopt a child.
23. I am passionate about zillions of things.
24. I don't like to be tickled.
25. I love gender-neutral names for girls.
26. Secretly I want super dark brown hair.
27. Despite the fact that I adore Oregon, I would be content to live in the Northeast forever.
28. My favorite season is autumn.
29. I am crazy about fresh berries.
30. I think Yoplait is the only brand of yogurt worth buying.
31. I take a long time to get ready for bed.
32. I think David's profession is the most noble one I know of. I admire him for choosing it.
33. I am not a good sleeper.
34. I had both my babies without epidurals--they were two of the most fantastic experiences of my life.
35. I am a big proponent of domestic adoption.
36. I miss my sister every day.
37. I am quick to give to other people.
38. I don't own any gold jewelry.
39. I can take a 2 hour nap on any day, but I always wake up from them feeling grumpy for a little while.
40. I like my freckles.
41. I want to be pregnant again but am not.
42. I am almost done reading the unabridged "Les Miserables". I feel proud of that.
43. I recently quit my job.
44. I am supremely annoyed by poor grammar in writing.
45. I admire people who are open about their life experiences and who they really are.
46. I think the pumpkin pie ice cream thing from Cold Stone is divine.
47. I don't usually like talking on the phone.
48. I talk to my mom nearly every day on the phone. I like that.
49. Writing this list is even harder than I expected it to be.
50. I feel happiest in jeans and a sweater.
51. I am generally not a fan of any weather above 85 degrees.
52. People sometimes say I remind them of my Aunt Kathy; it always makes me feel proud.
53. I think semicolons are under appreciated and underused.
54. I never took driver's ed. I should have.
55. I like to sleep on my stomach.
56. I never feel cooler (as in...unbelievably awesome) than when I am in a wetsuit.
57. I think the most beautiful sounding instrument is the cello.
58. I often don't answer my phone just because I don't feel like it.
59. I don't like carrying a cell phone. It feels good to be cut off from civilization sometimes.
60. My favorite flowers are Gerbera daisies.
61. Secretly I want to be on "Dancing With the Stars."
62. I am a vocal performance snob. I don't have a knock-your-socks-off voice, but I'm picky about who I consider talented.
63. I'm a sucker for the acoustic guitar.
64. I feel alive every time I play volleyball. Or any sport, for that matter.
65. Sometimes I still cry over the kids I left behind in Romania.
66. I remember my dreams almost every night.
67. My mother reminds me of her mother; I hope I follow suit.
68. My brother is one of the softest, safest men I know. I love being associated with him.
69. I think my brother could be a professional photographer or musician if he wanted to.
70. I don't like ice in my drinks.
71. I love a good steak.
72. I am good at starting IV's.
73. I always write in the books I read.
74. Libraries tickle my heart.
75. I think the word "craptastic" is hilarious. Sometimes I think I made it up.
76. I don't like decorating with seashells. Not even bathrooms.
77. I'm hard on myself.
78. I love the feeling of my children's tiny hands around my neck or holding my hand.
79. I think the TV series "Arrested Development" is even funnier than "The Office."
80. I am not as patient as I used to think I was.
81. I have been in therapy three times. I wish I could go annually.
82. I think my sister is the most naturally gifted, capable person I know.
83. I'm not a fan of still-life paintings.
84. I think charcoal artwork can be breathtaking.
85. I like my hands best when they're paint-stained.
86. I often have the desire to climb a tree and sit up there for a while.
87. I think it would be ok with me if David wanted to buy another motorcycle. He doesn't.
88. I would have all my clothes hand-tailored if I could afford it.
89. I love Weezer.
90. I like to think I'm awesome at Rock Band, but I'm actually not that great. I just feel awesome when I'm doing it.
91. I like art museums and being outside.
92. I love granola in vanilla yogurt.
93. I never wear baseball hats anymore.
94. I am often absent-minded and forgetful. I have to borrow my spare housekey from my 84-year-old neighbor about once a month because I've locked myself out of the house.
95. I usually find it offensive when young people swear and funny when old people do it.
96. I crack my knuckles and have tried to stop about a million times.
97. I think pennies should be annihilated.
98. I get carsick and seasick.
99. My dad is one of the best storytellers I know.
100. I would chose optimism over realism if I had to.
What are some random things about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I really like this. I like learning about people when they write about themselves. And, I think you are an interesting person :) I don't like ice in my drinks either. That's like the smallest thing I could have picked, of all the ways on this list that I am like you, but it just looked like a friendly sentence for some reason so I thought I'd comment on it. (I'm really tired, maybe that's why. We're going to CT tomorrow. I will say hello to it for you!)
I love I already knew every one of these things about you, with one exception,...who is "weezer"? I love you more than gerber daisies (smiley icon goes here. I wish I could remember how to do those things)
Oh Lindsey, your such a real person. I would read 100 more things about you if I could. I was surprised to see that: (do you like my colon? or was that just semi-colons you appreciate; in any event there you are) 1. you quit your job 2. you'd be ok with Dave buying another bike (your VERY brave) 3. you'd possibly choose the northeast over the PNW?! 4. you dont answer the phone when you feel like it (I thought that was just me). I LOVE that you miss your sister everyday. Your such a good person. I miss you.
I need you here to help me with sign language! I'm trying it with Clee, and I'm always forgetting things.
I love reading these 100 things posts! They're great!
Lindsey! Hooray for writing your 100 things. Isn't it hard to just sit down and write about yourself?
We have a ton of things in common: 1,6,7,10,15,22,23,24,27,28,30,40,44,45 and 51. I ran out of room on my paper..but there was more!
We miss you and are so glad that David is doing better.
Do you eat Yoplaits yoplus yogurt? Love it. Why don't you sleep well? And why do you laugh in your prayers?
Oh, linds, how well, I remember #24 and #26. Remember how you use to put my long brown hair over your head so you could see what you'd look like with that color? And how you'd get REALLY MAD at me everytime I'd tickle you in your sides. heeheehee. Not nice of me, I know.
Oh, and I still cry over my babies in Romania too.
Beautiful list, of course.
(But, I think you might have cheated when you complimented others in the list about you.)
Welcome to sleeping at night every night of the week.
how fun to find out more about you! you do like conquering tasks! who is weezer? all i could think about was steel magnolias. i do like shirley maclain as an actress; she's great in pretty much anything she plays (she's the one who played weezer, right?) pat used to give me a hard time because if i had warm soda i wanted no more than two ice cubes in my drink. (those would melt away fast enough before i drank it). i don't remember my dreams; at least, i DO sleep. there is so much more to comment on, but i'll stop. thanks for sharing.
Choose: think about it :) It's funny that you mentioned my voice, because it was very creepy listening to it. I also enjoyed your voice (long ago) when Eli sang in the bath tub... Funny how certain things spark memory.
I definitely didn't know all of that about you. You have a cute blog. I found your link through a fellow Wymounter! Thanks for letting me browse!
Amanda Lewis
This is what blogs are all about! Everyone should do this post. How long did it take you, because I'd like to do it, but it might take a LONG time. I liked how at #49 you said, This post was harder than I thought it would be. But you still thought of 51 more! I loved it. I might tackle it, if you tell me how long it took!
Basically, you're just GREAT!!! I learned a few new things...and as always, I just smiled more!
Thank you for all the chats and wonderful insight you've passed along. I am so blessed to know.
In all honesty, I hated track in highschool, but am so glad I did it...for having gained a priceless friend!!!
In all sincerity,
Melody
That's a fun list. I actually didn't know alot of those things about you. My favorite thing was that you are a Weezer fan too. They are my favorite band.
-Shawn
Post a Comment