
Our goldfish, Dorothy, is dead. In Elijah's words to his grandma and aunt: "Dorothy died-ed. She's just really, really, really, really dead. So she can't swim anymore."
He was very matter-of-fact about the whole thing, and was even the one to flush her down her watery grave. As a side note, I think she died because Haven (albeit lovingly) intensely overfed her--fistfuls of food, days in a row. I probably should have watched that more carefully.
So as of this afternoon we have another fish--a beta fish. Naming it made me laugh out loud. I wanted to name it Fillet, but Eli nixed that. I suggested Kevin, after his uncle, but Eli responded that "Kevin is just Aunt Lauren's boy." So as a joke I suggested Corbin--a boy's name that David loves and I detest. It is the name which David is always suggesting we use on any future male children, and which, in response, I am always making fun of. When I suggested this name to Elijah, he ecstatically responded, "YES!! That IS his name!!" So now we have a beta fish named Corbin, which I am hoping will forever annhilate the possibility of naming a child that. Clever, eh?? And a little conniving, I know. But...c'mon...Corbin?? My apologies to anyone with a child named Corbin. Or a loved one named Corbin. I'm sure it's lovely for your children. And I recognize that "Haven" is a little out there. So...to each his own, happily.
6 comments:
Nice move Lindsey! You tricky thing you. I loved the name Jackson at one point but when my mom named her dog that, it was gone to me forever. I can't tell you now how glad I am that he's Jack instead. I think someday Dave will appreciate that clever, sneaky move of yours. By the way, we have been giving the fish thing a rest in our house due to the fact that Jack thinks you should be able to play with it all day, like outside of its bowl... The last one "Stink-o", made it less than 24 hours. Still I'm sorry that Dorothy "dieded".
so, jennah, did you really write that comment @ 4:46 am?? were you at work?
ditto to what jennah said. in awe at your awesome move there.
sadly, our fish (it was a beta)"died-ed" in december. i think it took grace a week to realize it (it was lily's fish). i wasn't smart enough to keep it in the bowl for lily to actually see, but took care of it when i noticed and she was asleep. anyhoo, lily wanted to see her fish when i told her in the morning. oh well. next time (pat has put temporary ban on fish) maybe we'll have more of a learning experience from it. sorry that dorothy died. glad eli handled it well.
you are too much!! welcome corbin...you crazy beta guy!! hopefully he'll last a LOT longer!! i think you ARE very clever...and i love that Eli is so passionate about his pets! he just has a way with animals...rock-doggy still asks about him!! we love ya!!
ps...i love the lindsey/dave debates...so funny!!
pps...um...our home teacher hasn't come in a REALLY long time!! we miss our counseling sessions!
He is too funny. I love all the things he says. Glad it worked out well. I overfed my fish once too. RIP Brownie and Goldie! (I was not as creative a fish-namer as you!)
man how i love that boy. you are clever!!
we miss you!!
:]
Aw, how sad for Dorothy. And funny about the new fish Corbin (I agree with you on the name). We have a black goldfish named "Blot" (like an ink blot) and a white fish (which I don't know what type) that swims very fast named "Blink" (like gone in the blink of an eye.) Blot has lived for 2 years now and likes to float on his back--we always think he's dead. Blink had to be separated from Blot because he was chewing up Blot's tail to shreds. Anyway, that is our fish story--thought you might like to hear it. Thanks for sharing your fish story.
Post a Comment