Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Momming

Today while the kids and I were in the car on the way home from playgroup, I turned around to see how they were doing. They were both leaning over in their carseats, inside arms outstretched, holding hands contentedly. Holy melt-my-heart. Today is one of those days that I feel content to the bone with being a mom. The kids are happy, the sun is shining, and we've pretty much just been playing all day long. It's the kind of day you have to hang on to so you can bust the memory out on the super stressful momming days.

I'm so glad Dave and I added them to the mix.

On a side note, lately the weather here has been much too windy to play outside. Does anyone have new, fun, stuck-inside play ideas?

5 comments:

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Hi Lindsey
I am so happy that you found us. Thanks for your comment. Jim had such a wonderful experience in Lubbock. Thank you for feeding him and giving him a place to stay. Hopefully he was not too much trouble? He told me he and Dave played X-Box which means I must apologize that you had 3 kids that weekend instead of your normal 2. Whenever I tease him about playing X-Box he likes to tell me he is saving the free world. Take Care, I look forward to meeting you soon.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

P.S.
Your kids are adorable!

Candace said...

That is way too cute. I love that they were holding hands...That melts my heart and I am not even their mom..

I am finally getting caught up on my blog commenting..

Amanda said...

I love those days! We NEED one of those days. It's still way too cold here. You are a nice mommy to let them play with the rice. Everett would just eat and throw it. My kids have always loved to build forts with blankets and read books inside with a flashlight!

TuCk N JuLeS said...

You could build a rock climbing wall like Kate! Thanks for the idea, my kids are doing this right now!