Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nostalgia

This fall marks 10 years since David and I became great friends. Who would ever have guessed things would turn out the way they have? Lucky me! On Saturday Cristina watched our kids while Dave and I went on a bonfide date! We went for ice cream and then stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things. I know, not much fun, you say, but I beg to differ. We laughed and joked our way up and down the aisles and at one point I was laughing so hard I was crying. Dave's a pretty funny guy. I couldn't help but be reminded of our many escapades when we were in high school. I love that I married Dave. He still makes me laugh.

Ok, ok...the kids are sleeping so now is my prime time to accomplish things. But...I don't really feel like accomplishing anything at all. I've been quite distracted by the peanut butter chocolate bars I made yesterday, the blue fleece I'm wearing, and the gray sky outside. It's a perfect day to curl up under a blanket and eat those bars while watching a movie. Maybe I will... (Yes, I know, this is why my cross-stitch took a decade to finish. But it was a very relaxed, happy decade!)

1 comment:

The Special Reds said...

Lindsey, I just love all your pictures, and the great way you describe your life--so fun to read. I'm glad you got to use the name Haven after all (I never told you that before) and she is SO adorable! What a chunk! And I can't believe Elijah and his little sayings. What a good idea to put quotes for all to see...I might copy you on that idea. Hope you like Lubbock. My cousing Kyle served a mission there! I'll keep checking your blog and commenting. Oh, and I am glad to know now that Austin has a baby! I was wondering about that.