Saturday, August 14, 2010

For Amie

Here, Amie. Now you can stop drooling about the brownie pic.

Go have someone give you a hug from me, and then go eat some fresh Oregon blackberries for me. So delicious. When we were growing up my mom used to send us out with big bowls, on a walk around the Point. We ate as many blackberries as we picked to fill the bowls. We came back with purple, berry-stained fingers and lips (yum!) and with some blackberry bush scrapes on our arms, feeling full and happy. She used them to make the most fantastic syrup, jam, and cobbler.

Mmmm. Happy childhood memories. I miss fresh, wild blackberries.

Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

The Special Reds said...

I wish I had that as a childhood memory. Our ward does a big "oregon berries" order every summer. People order cases of it! I have yet to order, but I think you've talked me into it now.

Addie said...

Thanks for this! I was the same as Amie, salivating at the brownie picture!

Leah Rainey said...

This is Leah. Not to rub it in, but I picked blackberries yesterday. :)