We are having a bit of marital discord around here. Dave and I have been best friends now for about 14 years. In all that time, we have had an effortless relationship regarding the consumption of brownies. I am a Middle Girl, and he is an Edge Man. We go together like fleece socks and Birkenstocks..
Problem is, I'm starting to like the edges. They're chewy. Fantastically chewy. And Dave feels encroached upon. I can see it in his eyes, the "this is not what I married" look.
.
Sorry. But I just can't lie. He was right all along. The edges are better. I think this might be the solution to our problem. Don't you want one??
11 comments:
I'm sad to see that you've gone to the dark side Lindsey. nothing beats a middle brownie. nothing.
I didn't even know that there was such a thing as an edge lover. I just thought that everyone ate the middle first and then resorted to eating the outside out of sheer chocolate-craving desperation.
you can get one at walmart. I saw it at the 82nd street one!
I'm an "outsider" myself and about died when I saw that pan in the skymall catalog but they-re PRICEY. However, it sounds like it'd be cheaper than a session of therapy and I vote that you should do it (if they're having a buy one get one free, I'll be happy to take the other off your hands).
That pan would be amazing! I'd like to meet the genius who came up with that one.
WE HAVE ONE!! My folks gave it to us for our one year anniversary and we LOVE it. It's the PERFECT brownie. I think somebody needs to put it on a gift wish list for birthdays or Christmas. We highly recommend!!!
I know several people who have these pans, but I'm a middle girl myself. When it comes to cake - outside all the way. That's why I always make cupcakes. :)
Hmm, it depends on how wide the edges are...if they're only half inch wide, you can have them...and that goes for a hmm...let's say 2'X2'X1" (yeah, a 2 square foot brownie with a height of 1 inch:)), that would give you a volume of 47 cubic inches worth of edges which is more than ok with me since I'd be left with 529 cubic inches worth of middle:))...If you also throw some icecream in , then I'll even cut the edges for you:)...maybe feed them to you if you're nice enough...Now, all jokes aside, I don't know how your better half is coping with the situation, to me that's grounds for a nasty divorce and an ugly civil suit, but hey, what do you know, I am now an American dude, I guess my appetite for trials can only grow bigger:))
you know, Kiely is turning out to be right about many such things as well. At this point, I've learned to just go with it from the get go...aren't we blessed to have such wise men?
One of these months we'd love to get together. Perhaps we'll include some brownie making and ice-cream tasting (kiely is our master maker) in our activities. P.s. Are you coming to your reunion?
Your mother loves edges that is why I bought her one of those crusty pans a couple years ago.
GO ASK MOM!!
I have seen those! They do look delicious....and I like the edges in lasagne also....I'd love the lasagne pan too.
I just caught up on your blog. You guys look like you are doing great and your kiddos are adorable. =)
Post a Comment