Ten Things I Am Happy About Today

1. The morning nap David gave me. Mmmmmm, sleep.
2. The 20-minute snuggle on the couch Eli and I had this morning before anyone else was awake.
3. Seeing the American flag swaying outside the office window. I love that we always fly one.
4. The forecasted 80-degree weather today and consequential trip to Maxey Park.
5. The under-bunk-bed baskets I found at TJ Maxx today for less than half the cost of the ones I was looking at online. There are few more victorious feelings than finding THAT great of a deal.
6. The leftover lemon bars on my counter.
7. That my nasturtiums are really trying to grow, even if their effort is a feeble one. They are doing their tiny little flowery best to reward my planting efforts, and I appreciate it.
8. Driving with the windows down.
9. Seeing my 84-year old neighbor, Burrel, amble down my sidewalk to inspect our bushes. He is a kind, persevering man who just never stops. And also, he is an avid gardener who can't quite figure out how I can know so little about plants. The look on his face when I cut all my irises to the base a couple months ago (I misunderstood his recommendation) was priceless.
10. That our family is together and completely healthy.
What makes you happy today?
1 comment:
i would love to meet burrel. we have neighbors across the street that are retired and we always went to them for advice when we first moved in our home. misunderstanding iris advice sounds like something i would totally do. at least, you keep houseplants alive beautifully.
sounds like a wonderful day.
Post a Comment