Thursday, April 10, 2008

A week in the life of us, though pics

My mom came to visit for Eli's third birthday. They're just two peas in a pod...they had great fun together.
My dad came a few days after my mom. Elijah deeply admires (and talks about on a daily basis) the spectacular elephant noise my dad can make. Perhaps one of his greatest talents.
Haven has finally started showing a very cuddly side. Here she's snuggling with her Tia Cristina.Haven has discovered that she LOVES mud, dirt, and rocks. Yes, she just sat her clean self right down in the mud puddle. And yes, that is Elijah about to drop mud into her hair before I can stop him.
Eli: "Lemme listen to yer breathin'. Good, Mommy! I can hear yer heart beatin' in yer chest." (The stethoscope also frequently doubles as an elephant trunk, when Eli gets his hands on it.) Not a flattering picture of my chubby-cheeked girl, but, admit it, pretty hilarious.
Elijah has rediscovered his too-small Halloween costume from 2 years ago, and insists (literally) on wearing it out and about. I love it. Who doesn't want to be accompanied on errands by a dragon??
Elijah on his birthday, in his new pink Easter shirt...a big three-year old!
Haven has started popping the lids of soaps and lotions open with her four teeth. This is her caught in the action of trying to lick the bottle. Delicious.


9 comments:

shauntel said...

i can't believe elijah is three. crazy. he is very handsome. and haven's chubby cheeks are adorable.

Kaylene said...

Love the pic of her and the wind! :)

The Special Reds said...

Oh I just love the pictures! I really loved visiting with your parents when they came to Utah back in the day. I can't believe Elijah is three! Wow. And by the way--you look pretty darn good in that picture. Oh, someday we have to all get together again.

Kellie O. said...

what fun pictures! I too LOVE the one of Haven with wind blow hair, actually Garrett showed it to me because he thought it was So great! Fun Stuff!

Peterson's said...

Callie has those pink shoes, and it looks like Haven has a birthmark on her left leg in the same spot Callie does!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melody C. Bondurant said...

I just love them all! I just have to say that I learn something or am just reminded of some very important aspects of parenting everytime I read your blog.

I'm going to have to remember that if my kids ever want to go out dressed as superman...or a dinosaur, it is totally okay! I love it.

Melody

Ken, Chelsea and Isaac said...

Oh that chubby cheeks! No one can blame you posting that cute "gone-with-the-wind" picture here!

p.s. just want to let you know our blog is gone...because some webpage problems we had and...I am not good at blogging anyway.

curly girl said...

So fun to see your kids growing...and to see your new home, too! Good times! I LOVE the dino outfit. Elaina wore a tutu (one of my old ones) EVERYWHERE we went when she was 2 1/2-3 1/2. The only place I wouldn't let her wear one was to church. Everyplace else was fair game. 'Cause c'mon, there's just this small window of time in your life when you can get away with stuff like that and have people still think you're cute!