Ok, so I've been tagged to blog 7 little-known facts about me. So here goes, and, for the record, I tag Jennah, April, Amanda, Ashlee, Lara, and Chelsea.
1. I have (truly) no self-control regarding brownies and Chewy Chips Ahoy. I will finish the pan or bag in shamelessly rapid amounts of time, despite any efforts I might make. And I know that Chewy Chips Ahoy are gross and taste like preservatives, but that doesn't stop me. All I can try to do is not make or buy them very often.
1. I have (truly) no self-control regarding brownies and Chewy Chips Ahoy. I will finish the pan or bag in shamelessly rapid amounts of time, despite any efforts I might make. And I know that Chewy Chips Ahoy are gross and taste like preservatives, but that doesn't stop me. All I can try to do is not make or buy them very often.
2. I second guess myself almost every time I discipline Elijah. I am always wondering if what I did was best for him and me. It was so much easier to be a perfect, decisive parent before I had kids.
3. I like my drinking water at room temperature. I like it that way enough that if all we have is refridgerator water, I fill my glass and wait til it's not cold anymore before drinking it.
4. I still get choked up when I think that I married David. I just can't believe it actually happened...after such a long, long road to get here. It hasn't lost it's impact on me.
5. I miss my sister like crazy. I think she's wonderfully fun, smart, confident, sweet, and hilarious, and I hate that I'm so far away, missing the every day stuff. I crave and savor each moment with her.
6. I've recently realized I have a secret inner desire (wiggle of the eyebrows) to be a motorcycle rider. Which, I know, is a death-wish, but what a free, open, fast feeling! Fun!
7. I never make my bed. Out of some sense of obilgation, we've lamely tried to get into the habit at times in our marriage, but it never lasts longer than 2 days. To be honest, I don't really feel very badly about it. The rest of the house is generally pretty picked up and clean, so the bed...just doesn't make the cut, I suppose.
5 comments:
I love how honest you have always been...not that most people lie all the time, but it is so refreshing how you share things most of us juvenily try to cover up.
By-the-way, I have the absolute same confession to make about brownies. If I make them and there are left overs...it is turmoil not to have another little chunk each time I pass through the kitchen!
I am the same way with making the bed. I always have the goal to make my bed for a month, but it only last for a couple of days. OHHH WELL...
When that long awaited day comes that you are an avid motorcyclist, be sure to send me a picture! I'm trying to imagine you wearing leather and cruising across the country.
Thanks for checking out Isaac's pictures! I do think he is so cute! (What else I would say? I am THE MOM!) Sorry no tips for you, the two-time parents. :) How about you guys give us some advice on how to help a newborn sleep through the night? We’re sleep deprived and are willing to try anything to help him sleep better, so we can get more sleep as well.
Love Haven's chubby cheeks! So cute!
p.s. sorry it took me more than one month to post them. As you can imagine, we haven’t got much sleep, especially at nights. Life is kind of crazy for the new parents here… you know how it goes…
Lindsey! I love your blog! It's so good to see how you and your family are doing. You're children are adorable, by the way.
Post a Comment